Swede-O Plantar F3 Foot Roller
- Patented design isolates the plantar fascia (arch area under your foot) for optimal treatment and stretching
- Three distinct contact surfaces help provide the perfect stretch for any size and shape foot
- Sorbothane® material is comfortable against the skin
- Promotes healing of Plantar Fasciitis
- Portable: Use at work, by your bed or travel
- Developed by a Certified Athletic Trainer to treat elite athletes
- One size fits all
Understanding Plantar Fasciitis:
Heel pain is usually caused by Plantar Fasciitis: an inflammation of the fibrous tissue (plantar fascia) along the bottom of your foot that connects your heel bone (calcaneus) to your toes. The plantar fascia acts like a shock absorbing bowstring, supporting the arch in your foot. If tension on that bowstring becomes too great, minute tears can occur which form scar tissue on the injured areas of the plantar fascia. The result is a stabbing or burning pain that is usually worse in the morning because the plantar fascia contracts overnight.
Treating Plantar Fasciitis:
Rolling your foot on the Plantar F3 will stretch and help begin healing your plantar fascia so that you can begin walking without pain. Each time you eliminate that sharp stabbing pain in your heel, you are helping to eliminate long term heel pain! Using the Plantar F3 helps remodel the plantar fascia scar tissue into stronger, more functional bands to facilitate healing. Your Plantar F3 can be warmed or chilled for hot or cold therapy. Using the Plantar F3 at room temperature or warmer will increase blood flow, warm newly formed scar tissue and help facilitate healing. Using the Plantar F3 cold will help calm and reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
Only the Plantar F3 isolates the plantar fascia for optimal stretching, offers cold therapy for pain relief, and provides heat therapy to facilitate healing.